Component 2 EEO-1 Survey for 2017 and 2018 Submission is Officially Open and Available
After months of anticipation the EEO-1 Component 2 pay data collection tool website is finally available for employers. Technical upload file specifications have been posted to the website at https://eeoccomp2.norc.org/info. Additionally, an instruction booklet and fact sheet have been posted by EEOC.
Some important information to keep in mind for our clients regarding the filing:
- Employers must submit and certify 2017 and 2018 Component 2 compensation data by September 30, 2019.
- Employers will receive their User ID from NORC via notification letter mailed through
USPS and to the registered EEO-1 email address on record. Password will be setup during initial entry into the Component 2 EEO-1 Online Filing System and after User ID, FEIN, and email address is verified.
- Employers need to select employee data between October 1 and December 31 of the years 2017 and 2018 to serve as their workforce snapshots.
- Compensation and hours worked will be reported for all employees that appear on the workforce snapshots for 2017 and 2018. Earnings will be equivalent to W-2 Box 1 Earnings for 2017 and 2018 respectively.
- For hours worked in situations where the employee did not work the entire year (2017 or 2018) employers will report the following hours:
- Non-Exempt employees - report the hours actually worked
- Full-Time Exempt employees - hours will be equal to 40 hours per week multipled by the number of weeks worked
- Part-Time Exempt employees - hours will be equal to 20 hours per week multipled by the number of weeks worked
- 12 compensation bands will be collected within each job category and when selecting a band for an employee, refer to earnings reported in W-2 Box 1.
1. $19,239 and under
2. $19,240 - $24,439
3. $24,440 - $30,679
4. $30,680 - $38,999
5. $39,000 - $49,919
6. $49,920 - $62,919
7. $62,920 - $80,079
8. $80,080 - $101,919
9. $101,920 - $128,959
10. $128,960 - $163,799
11. $163,800 - $207,999
12. $208,000 and over
- Certification of the Component 2 EEO-1 report is mandatory. Without certifying your report, your company will receive a notification of failure to file letter.
As always, TAMS Group is ready to assist you with filing your EEO-1 Reports! Feel free to reach out to us via email (email@example.com) or telephone (216-539-8277) today.